The Timbersled Mountain Horse is a snow bike conversion kit for your dirt bike that can be in-stalled and removed easily to make your bike a 4 season machine. The Mountain Horse is an extreme snow machine that will allow you to go places you have only dreamed of going. From boondocking through the tightest trees, to side hilling and climbing the steepest mountains, to jumping or racing with your buddies. Riding a Mountain Horse is easy to learn and will give you confidence to go places and do things that you would never do on any other snow machine.
The Mountain Horse is the First Ever Snow Bike Kit Designed for the Mountains (Patent Pending). Riding a Mountain Horse snow bike provides the same enjoyment as snowmobiling but with its own unique characteristics. A bike and a sled can go similar places in the mountains but the bike can take a completely different route. Simply put, a snow bike can go places a sled cannot. A sled can go straight up a hill better than a snow bike because of the horsepower they have, but then they have to come straight back down due to their lack of maneuverability. Sleds are much heavier and have a planted ski stance making them hard to side hill and perform off camber turns, requiring a lot of strength and experience to do this. Snow bikes are about 200 pounds lighter than a sled. When riding a snow bike you balance it upright the same as you would on any bike, but when you stop, it sticks in the snow and holds itself up without having to put your foot down.
Its handling is much more accurate and will fit through tight areas like between trees and across narrow snow bridges. A snow bike also has much more control going down hills than a sled. You don’t need to go straight down with the possibility of getting out of control. If it is too steep or has too many obstructing trees to go straight down, you can side hill and do switch backs similar to what you do on snow skis or a snow board. With this technique you are able to stop in the middle of a steep hill if you choose to.
This amount of control will give you the confidence to safely go and explore areas that you always dreamed of going. On a snow bike you don’t have to stay on trails like when riding dirt bikes. Snow biking gives you the freedom to fly through the trees, up and down mountains, across powdery meadows, through ravines and ditches, across creeks, or find fresh tracks no matter how torn up your normal riding area is.
- Kit comes completely assembled and ready to install
- Complete Kit includes everything needed to convert your dirt bike to a snow bike
- Standard kit color is satin black. Custom colors are available for an extra charge.
- Kit bolts to your bike with no modifications (except KTM 690)
- Note: Most kits require a 13 tooth engine sprocket (see Fit Kit Chart)
- Approx. Freight cost: $200-$300 US, $250-$500 Canada/Alaska, $600-$1000 International
- Full line of add on goodies located on the Accessories Page
- Patent Pending
- For fit kit specs, parts info and ordering, see Fit Kit Chart
- Special frames (KTM 690, Husqvarna 511, Husaberg 650) must be ordered prior to August 1st
- Build your kit now with the Snow Bike Builder
Read about them on and
The Mountain Horse snow bike has the ability to put you in harm’s way. Always be aware of avalanche and mountain terrain dangers. We strongly recommend you take a course on avalanche safety, carry the proper equipment and check the reports before you head out.